This Statement is made by Miramar Hotel and Investment Company, Limited and its subsidiaries (“Miramar Group”) in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap. 486 (“Ordinance”) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of The People’s Republic of China. The Statement is intended to inform you Miramar Group’s policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address, phone number, mailing address
- Demographic information such as country of residence, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require the information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you for direct marketing purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS, fax or mail.
- To customise the website according to your interests.
Use of data in direct marketing
Miramar Group is committed to protecting all personal data information to be used for internal purposes only. Miramar Group may provide such information to any agent or contractor who provides administrative or other services to Miramar Group in connection with the operation of its business. We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consents (which include an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
(i) the name, contact detail, services preference and interest of you held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
(ii) the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed
- Hotels & Serviced Apartments
- Property & Retail Management
- Food & Beverage
(iii) the above services, products and subjects may be provided and solicited by us or our parent company Henderson Land Group;
If you do not wish us to use your data for the use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us by following the instructions in the section on “Controlling your personal information” below.
To ensure that your information is secure and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless it is required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Ordinance. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us. Our postal address is 15/F Mira Place Tower A, 132 Nathan Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Our email address is email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly update the information accordingly.
Miramar Group may change this policy from time to time by updating this page without notice. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of those changes.
In case of any inconsistency or conflict between the English and versions of other languages, the English version shall prevail.